Friday, July 22, 2011

Shark vs. Train


Shark vs. Train 
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2010

Summary:  Shark and train match up against one another to see who would win in a variety of scenarios, from swimming to hot balloon riding, video games to hide-n-seek.  Hilarious side comments are made in the voice balloons in the pictures. 

Lesson:  I read this book to expose my lower grades (and teachers) to the 2x2 list (recommended reads for PreK-2nd).  If I had found the book sooner, I would have used it for the "live vs not live" units in kindergarten and 1st.  After I read this book, the three copies never touched a bookshelf for the rest of the school year.  And the students loved the signed poster by author Chris Barton I put on the wall.

Level: Kinder-3rd  (although even my 5th graders loved this book)

No comments:

Post a Comment